Novidades

latest

Week #1: competition and focus group



So, what have I been doing?

Very early stages of development, so I've been mainly researching the competition, which in this case means I've spent the week watching let's plays on some favorites: HITMAN 2 and Dishonored. I've actually also installed Telltale's TWD but haven't started playing it yet.

Why? We needed to review similar games to what we're trying to achieve, including where we pulled our inspiration from - including HITMAN 2 and Dishonored for stealth, TWD for choices - and identify their strengths and weaknesses, mechanics that can base our own, and ideas of what not to do.

Additionally, I had to find some people for our focus group, understand what they like and dislike of our idea and get their thoughts on the competition. All very eye-opening.

Next week we'll start working on the first prototypes with the art and writing departments and hopefully start to see where we're heading.

Also, all this research has made me very eager to play all those games again, so I guess I know where I'll be the rest of the week, 🍕🔌🐘.

Sem comentários

Enviar um comentário

© all rights reserved